Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Singing

Ever since I was a little girl, I remember having such tender feelings singing the beautiful Christmas Carol, Away in the Manger. Still to this day it is by far my favorite Christmas song! I love the thought of the little baby Jesus sleeping. He came to earth as a baby just like us. Then the song becomes a prayer to ask Jesus to "stay close by me forever and love me" I know that He does I feel His love everyday!! I hope you do too!!

Away in a Manger

Away in a manger, no crib for his bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head;
The stars in the heavens looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus, asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing; the poor baby wakes,
But little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes.
I love thee, Lord Jesus; look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh.


Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with thee there.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...