Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My, My How Time Flies!!

This week marks thirty-one years since I experienced the miracle of birth and became a mother for the first time!! I just can't believe it's been that long!!

Now, it's six children and two grandsons later!! It is so fun to see my son, as a parent!! He is doing a great job with his little boys!! (Of course, their mom is great too!!) Those boys are definitely the apple of my eye! I hope to be someone my grandkids can remember fondly!!

I have very few memories of grandparents. My maternal grandmother was the only one living when I was born. Canada was her home, so I didn't see her often. When she moved to the United States I was so excited. I just wanted to sit by her and hear stories of her childhood. Unfortunately, she didn't want to share!! She was born in Italy, so there are great stories that are lost!! Very sad to me.

The other milestone will happen on Monday. Evan turns 20 years old. No more teenagers!! At one point we had 4 teens under one roof! Wow, and I survived!! I even think I'm still sane!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

This can only mean one thing. Daddy is growing old!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...