Thursday, March 6, 2008

Do You Have Questions??

Do you have questions about FamilySearch, New FamilySearch or Personal Ancestral File? Maybe I can help you find an answer and you would be helping me train for my family history service mission!! We are learning about answering phone calls and I have a toll free practice number people can call. So, to set up a time for a phone call, just drop me an email (click my profile, it's on that page), or find me on Google Talk at drjakesma! Then I will help you find answers. You might have to be patient though, remember I'm just learning!!

5 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Cool! My grandma came from Sweden and changed her name when she got here. She never even told her husband or children her real name. Then one day a cousin wrote to my Dad for info (thinking because we were Mormon he'd have it all done! LOL). She sent him Grandma's real name and he LOST it!!! We can't find the cousin either now! Men.

Cindy Price said...

Oh, sad!! Have you looked for your Grandma in FamilySearch?

Catherine said...

Nothing is more pleasant to search by oneself, on different "data bases". When I read registers, I find others'family story. That's what I love in these genealogic researches. But when I won't be able to progress by myself, I will leave you a message, promised.

Catherine said...

You know, when I realize that in France, some regions are unable to file their pieces of data in a computer programm, I am disappointed. How autorities love paper exchange! And when you write a letter for answering a copy, they do it with bad will, or don't even search enough.

Aprilyn said...

I had a breakthrough on family history stuff (before Marshall was big enough to make me have zero time) and it was just by chance that I changed the spelling of a last name and found a whole big group of people. The problem with some of the genealogy we have on my Dad's side is it was just given orally. My granny talked to people and got names. Therefore the names are spelled how SHE thought they should be. I need to get back into family history. I just don't have time so I do indexing instead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...