Sunday, October 5, 2008

52 BLESSING PROJECT Week Three - Week Forty



Life got you down?? Feel a little discouraged?? Do you have a problem, and you just can't find the answer?? Is all going well, but you need just a little uplift? Do you want to be inspired?

Have I got a perfect prescription for you!! The first weekend of October and April, take in four sessions of General Conference!! Be sure to take with doses of sincere pray and a listening heart. You will feel better in no time at all!! It's just amazing!!



This weekend was the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Twice a year our Church leaders gather in Salt Lake City and speak to us. The sessions are broadcast throughout the world via TV stations, cable networks, satellite and internet.

I was able to feel uplifted with the very first speaker.
President Monson announced the building of five new Temples! There will be in Calgary Alberta Canada, Argentina, Greater Kansas City Area, and Philadelphia and Rome, Italy. ROME, ITALY!!! Can you imagine that!! There was a gasp from the congregation that was in attendance. Now, that brought tears to my eyes!! I just think of all my ancestors who lived an hour south of Rome!! How they must be rejoicing!!

Now, I have a new goal in life. To attend the Rome, Italy temple!! Can you imagine how incredible that would be??? Who wants to come with me??

I wish I could share with you my favorite talk, but I truly was touched and enjoyed the words of all the speakers. I did sort of sense a theme in many of the talks...tough times are ahead, we will face challenges, lift up your heads, here are things you can do that will help. And, I must also mention the music, especially the children's choir, it was all just very beautiful!!

I have been blessed, my testimony strengthen and now I'm ready press forward!!

6 comments:

Liz said...

It was a truly amazing conference. I always feel that way. But this time especially I felt like there were so many things that I needed to hear and that were just meant for our family. I am so grateful for that. I can't wait to listen to some of these talks again.

I would totally come with you to Rome! :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I loved it!!! It was just what I needed to help me get out of my funk!!! Did you watch the movie on Pres. Monson after the last session? Amazing!!!!

Catherine said...

I hope for you you'll get a ticket for Rome.
It's a wonderful capitale, like a treasure of our entire History and civilization.
Do you continue your fonction within LDS genealogic researches ?

Cindy Price said...

Yes, Catherine, I am still helping out with LDS genealogy. I love it!!

Did you know that the LDS Church has a Family History Center in Paris?? It is open to anyone interested in genealogy, you do NOT have to be a member of the LDS Church to utilize the facility.

Here is the information:
Paris France Lilas
64, Rue De Romainville
Paris, Paris, France
Phone: 33-1-4245-2929
Hours: T 13:00-17:00; W, Th, F 9:00-16:00
Attention: Pour commander un microfilm à envoyer à ce centre d¿histoire familiale, rendez-vous sur le site http://films.familysearch.org

I wonder what information about your family is there just waiting for your discovery!!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I feel like you! All the talks were great and the children's chior was awesome!

Rachel said...

I'm coming to Rome with you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...