Monday, October 13, 2008

FIFTY TWO BLESSING PROJECT - Week Forty-One


CHALLENGES

"Be careful for nothing;
but in every thing by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
shall keep yours hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7
That is one of my favorite scriptures. It reminds me that I need to be grateful for everything in life...the good and the bad.

So, today I am grateful for challenges in life.
Challenges provide blessings that we would not ordinary see.
Challenges make us stronger.
Challenges help us to feel empathy.
Challenges bring us to our knees.
Challenges help us to realize Who is really in charge.
We can find peace through out challenges.

I love this song.


Where Can I Turn for Peace?


Where can I turn for peace?

Where is my solace

When other sources cease to make me whole?

When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,

I draw myself apart,

Searching my soul


Where, when my aching grows,

Where, when I languish,

Where, in my need to know, where can I run?

Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?

Who, who can understand?

He, only One.


He answers privately,

Reaches my reaching

In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.

Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.

Constant he is and kind,

Love without end.
Hymns, 129


"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

John 16:33

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Now turn to hymn 130 to get the answer of where to turn for peace. These are a couple of my favorites too.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Another lovely post, Cindy. I got the impression from Conference that we are to be so grateful for everything!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Cool picture! Yes challenges can be a great blessing... thanks for the reminder.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...