Saturday, November 8, 2008

An Angel

This week in my mission, with Church's Family History Department, there was a big change!! Elder Martinez was released as a missionary leader. He was my very first missionary leader and helped me through training and those first trying attempts at answering e-mails and phone calls. Early in my mission I needed someone who understood the technological ins an outs. I think I have that pretty much down now, thanks to Elder Martinez!! He will still be serving as a missionary but he is moving up in the world and will be assisting with the more technical aspects of FamilySearch Support. He will do great because that is where his strengths lie. But, I will miss his sweet spirit and his testimony.

So, Wednesday night, our whole missionary group, all eight of the Sunny California Missionaries were put in a brand new group with Sister Schilaty.

Thursday is my day to answer phone calls for FamilySearch Support. My very first call of the day was from a patron who was irritated and frustrated. The system WAS working the way it was designed, but that wasn't the way SHE wanted it to work. I had a solution to help her, but she wasn't really listening to me. All of a sudden, I got a message on my private Skype (missionaries use Skype to communicate one with another). It was my brand new missionary leader, Sister Schilaty, giving me encouragement to help with the phone call. It took me a second to realize she was actually on her phone, listening in on the call, (missionary leaders and quality assurance people can do that!) no one had done that since I first started taking calls in April, at least that I was aware.

I was so glad she was there, like a little angel, whispering to me, helping me!! Most of the patrons who call FamilySearch Support are wonderful and patient and happy for our help. This was by far the most rude patron that I ever assisted. But, I stayed calm and she finally listened and we worked out a solution that was workable for her.

Later, on I was talking to Sister Schilaty on the phone. I told her I was glad she was there. She wasn't sure how I would feel that she was listening in on the call. How could I not be happy??
She said she just felt inspired for some reason to listen to the call. I needed the encouragement and I am sure the Lord knew that, and He brought me help!! I know I'm going to enjoy working with Sister Schilaty. She's an angel!!


2 comments:

Laurel said...

The inspiration of the spirit is so wonderful.

Liz said...

That is really neat. Do you have video skype? We just got it so we can talk to our cousins in Norway. So fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...