Sunday, November 16, 2008

Worth It

I flew to Arizona for the weekend to watch Rachel and Joey perform in a Stake youth dance festival. I'm so glad I came, even though I really don't like to fly.


We had a great day yesterday. We attended the Mesa Temple in the morning and had a wonderful uplifting time. Then, while Rachel and Joey were at a dance practice I spent some time at the visitors center and cried watching movies!!

Then last night the dance festival was great!! Most of the performances were youth groups. But, they had a young single adult dance and an adult dance. Of course, the "Moon River" dance was my favorite. Watch below to see why. Rachel and Joey do a cool lift at the end.



I think Rachel and Joey stole the show. But then again, I'm just a biased mom!! Actually, the other dances were great too. It was fun to watch the youth, even though I didn't know any of them! It was worth it just to come and watch Rachel and Joey.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Those were pretty blue dresses. The lifts are pretty cool.

Catherine said...

So elegant and graceful.
Do you know to dance like them, Cindy ?
I have never, never learnt such a dance.
If my husband and I were dancing here, it would be for the Candid Camera.

I was looking for the Great Audrey Hepburn but couldn't find her.
(I was just kidding because she was one of my favorite actress.)

Laurel said...

I am glad you were able to go and watch them. I am glad you were able to fly!!! It doesn't bother me at all. I would much rather fly than drive all that way. They did a great job. What a fun activity.

Aprilyn said...

They were all awesome! I loved Rachel and Joey's lift at the end. IMPRESSIVE!
I don't dance. I fall. And trip. And crash. And sprain ankles. I need to lose weight. :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This was lovely to watch. I'm glad you took the video camera. Those lifts, especially the overhead one were impressive. Also the dip was pretty nice. And yes, they were certainly the best.

Elder Tyler Williams said...

That was so great you were able to go and support them. They did a great job!

Cindy Price said...

Unfortunately, Catherine, we don't dance like that!! Your Candid Camera comment made me laugh. I used to love to watch that show!! And I think we would be more like that too!!
It was very elegant, indeed, and I have to say I really just love to watch them dance!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...