Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Sweatshirt


This sweatshirt hid in the back of my hall closet only to surface several months ago.  I knew it wasn't mine although it did look very familiar.  I thought that maybe it belonged to April.  So, when she last visited I asked her if she wanted it back. I was surprised when she said, "It's not mine."   Hmmm, then where did it come from??  April replied, "Wasn't it Grandma's??".  Then it hit me and I remembered her wearing this sweatshirt.  It had been in my hall closet, unused, for over ten years.  It's not unused now!! I love to wear this sweatshirt.  I feel my mother's love wrapped around me when I have it on and it makes me happy.  I miss my mom today, the first Mother's Day since her passing.  However, a mother's love is felt from beyond the grave.

Abraham Lincoln said,
“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother”

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is very sweet!

Laurel said...

What a sweet find..and so close to mother's day...what a way to make you feel loved. Enjoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...