Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Utah Visit

I recently spent a week in Utah.  I went to attend a family history/technology conference, Rootstech.  And of course to have fun with family there too!! I divided my time between David's family and John's family.  We all had dinner together Saturday and Monday night, so that was fun!  I guess you can say that is family history in the making!!  Here are some pictures. 


Who could resist this smiling, happy face?  When Spencer first spied me he couldn't wait to stand up next to me to see who was taller.  I still am, but won't be for very much longer!!



Here are two more smiling faces that I enjoyed being around!!




I even got to reminisce about the good ol' days and attend a Cub Scout Pinewood derby. Andrew came in fourth place!!  Way to go!!  



Don't try this at home.  Pogo stick jumping without hands!!




Then there is sweet little Aiden!  He is such a happy little boy!! 


He thought knocking over small blocks was just the funniest thing ever.  I love his "Ut Oh"!!



Sunday evening John, Amy, Aiden and I went to Temple Square in Salt Lake City.  It was almost a ghost town except for the sweet Sister Missionaries roaming the beautiful square.  I think Super Bowl Sunday had something to do with that.  Anyway, we enjoyed some organ music in the Tabernacle.



The detail on the pipe organ is stunning. 




Can you spot the big dipper on the Temple?  I never noticed it before, but John spotted it!!

The moon was almost full.  It was simply beautiful




Spencer was sure super silly and extra hyper my last night in Utah.  I caught him with my camera singing and bouncing around.  Too funny. 




Tuesday Morning I was able to enjoy some special quiet time in the Provo Temple.  It was very inspirational.  How I love the sweet spirit in the temple.


This is the view coming out of the temple.  So, beautiful.  When I first walked out there was a group of missionaries singing Hawaiian hymns with all the gusto of their hearts.  when I came back with my camera they were gone.  :(




Before leaving Sariah took me and Leah out for lunch with David.  Here he is hard,  at work.  Well, maybe not so hard.  By the way, David has an article published in his company magazine. 


His office is filled with Star Wars memorabilia.  Evan would have loved it!!  To bad he stayed home.  Maybe next time. 


It was great to see all the family I miss so much.  

Tomorrow part two, Rootstech. 

1 comment:

olivia (tringham) lyman said...

Looks like you had a great time with family! The pictures of temple square are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...