Monday, September 17, 2007

Cori

Every Sunday all around the world Young Women of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints stand and recite their theme:

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works, and
Integrity.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.


Yesterday, Cori, who I meet when I was her Young Women advisor, gave the most beautiful missionary farewell talk. She has definitely taken the Young Women theme to heart. She shared a powerful testimony that we are indeed children of our loving Heavenly Father.
The Spirit was so strong in the meeting. I had tears in my eyes through most of her talk.

When Cori was a young teenager, I never imagined her going on a mission. She rarely wanted to be at any Young Women activity. Her ambition in life was to be a high school dropout. But, her heart was touched and her life changed one year when she attended EFY.

Cori touched my heart at Young Women camp this year. I had the great opportunity to be a cabin leader with her. She was totally amazing with those young girls and gave the best devotionals I have ever heard. It's interesting how things turn around. I hope that Cori somehow learned from me in Young Women. I know I have most definitely learned from her. One minute you are someone's teacher and next minute they are yours. Cori touched my heart and I know that the people in Helsinki Finland will have their hearts touched by her also.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...