Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Right Under My Nose

I found a great on line interactive book for children with spina bifida. It's called, "Right Under My Nose". It can be found at http://www.childrenshospitalla.org/spinabifidabookeng/index.html .


There is one saying in some of the activities that go with the book that I love. "Scars are just medals of skin that show you have been brave!!" Most Kids with spina bifida have lots of scars!! So what a great way to look at them as medals!!

The little boy in the story has a cute little stuffed doggie named Biff. His mom was very smart and put scars on the doggie right where her little boy had scars. So the little boys stuffed friend has scars just like him!! Anyway, check it out. It was written for children with spina bifda, but I think that other kids could learn from it too!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That was a really sweet story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...