Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Mystery Bird Solved


Well, yesterday, Mike and I were out bike riding and come across another unusual looking bird. You can see that it likes to hid in the tree. While Mike was taking the picture, I got brave and asked other people going by if they knew what kind of bird it was. One person said a Kingfisher, but two people said that it was a "Black Crested Night Heron" I thought that was an incredible cool name for a bird. Well, I looked it up on the Internet when I got home and found out that is actually a Black Crowned Night Heron. The cool thing was, as I was reading I saw the picture of the baby Black Crowned Night Heron and it was exactly like the bird in my Fine Feather Friends post that I thought was a green heron!! Anyway, I love how this bird just hides out in the trees about the water during the day. But, I spied him anyway, quite the trick when bike riding!! Now I wonder how many more of the birds family members are hiding. I think I'm turning into a bird watcher!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...