Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Ponderings

"But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart"
LUKE 2:19
PONDER
This Christmas season I have been pondering on a couple of things. I'm going to try and share.

SNOW

For some strange reason, this Christmas season I have had the song, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" stuck in my head. Maybe that was because I knew I was going to be in the snow this year. I started wondering about white and what that had to do with the true meaning of Christmas and not just snow. White to me is the symbol of purity. If we truely have a Christ centered Christmas then we have found the ultimate White Christmas.
Gifts
We traveled far to bring gifts to a baby this Christmas. Babies are so sweet and innocence and dependent on others. My tiny little granddaughter Leah is perfect! She makes the cutest little faces and is totally adorable. She cries when she is hungry and tired or needs a diaper change. Leah was my best gift this Christmas season!! I love having a baby around at Christmas time. It helps to remind me that Jesus Christ, my Savior, came to earth as a baby too! He had to be taken care of by his loving mother, Mary, just like the rest of us. He was totally dependent on other human beings. I wonder if His grandparents came to visit him too, bearing gifts. I wonder if they felt the same JOY I do looking and holding my granddaughter, and watching my own first born child and his wonderful wife lovingly tend to their parently duties. Jesus was a marvelous gift given to us by our Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for that gift!!
What Gifts can we bring to the Savior? He still lives to today! We should still come to Him and worhship HIM. I have decided on a couple of gifts to give to the Savior this year. First, I want to give Him more of my time. More of my time in service to Him, by being of service to others. That means giving less time to unimportant activities. Second, I'm going to take better care of my body. That will definitely help with my first gift. If I don't have a healthy body I won't be able to be of very good service to others. So, that means I need to eat healthier and exercise. I know I can do it!
Have you been pondering anything? Please share.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Merry day-after Christmas, Cindy. Congratulations on that precious granddaughter.

Our gospel doctrine teacher, our neighbor, talked about gifts on Sunday. He said he is changing his New Year's resolutions this year to gifts. Instead of saying he will go to the temple 12 times this year he will give the gift of the endownment to 12 people this year. He says it has changed the way he looks at things. Right on, Cindy. You and he are on the same page and he is one fabulous teacher. I have not yet decided on my gifts for the coming year but am pondering.

Cindy Price said...

Thanks for the reply Lynne.
Wow, that is a great way to think about going to the Temple. I love it! That really does change the whole perspective, giving a gift!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...