Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Singing

Joseph Smith’s First Prayer


Oh, how lovely was the morning!
Radiant beamed the sun above.
Bees were humming, sweet birds singing,
Music ringing thru the grove,
When within the shady woodland
Joseph sought the God of love,
When within the shady woodland
Joseph sought the God of love.

Humbly kneeling, sweet appealing—
’Twas the boy’s first uttered prayer—
When the pow’rs of sin assailing
Filled his soul with deep despair;
But undaunted, still he trusted
In his Heav’nly Father’s care;
But undaunted, still he trusted
In his Heav’nly Father’s care.

Suddenly a light descended,
Brighter far than noonday sun,
And a shining, glorious pillar
O’er him fell, around him shone,
While appeared two heav’nly beings,
God the Father and the Son,
While appeared two heav’nly beings,
God the Father and the Son.

4. “Joseph, this is my Beloved;
Hear him!” Oh, how sweet the word!
Joseph’s humble prayer was answered,
And he listened to the Lord.
Oh, what rapture filled his bosom,
For he saw the living God;
Oh, what rapture filled his bosom,
For he saw the living God.

Text: George Manwaring, 1854–1889

I thought this video was very beautiful. I hope you enjoy it too!!
I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!! This year I'm excited to be learning more about Joseph Smith in Relief Society. And studying the Book of Mormon in Sunday School. While I have a testimony that Joseph was indeed a Prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon is true. I still have much more to learn. It will be a life long process for me. Our family has dedicated our selves to strive to read together daily from the Book of Mormon this year. I'm sure there will exciting blessings awaiting us!! Please feel free to ask me how we are doing as the year progresses.




2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Cindy, I have to admit I only watched part of this while I hit alt Tab so I could close down the TWENTY OTHER SITES I HAD UP. But what I did see was beautiful. I also had it on mute as Phil has gone to bed and, well, we don't want to tempt fate. But, I love your putting your testimony out there for the world to see. I admire and appreciate you.

And just for fun the word verification word is: Joyly. A new compound of the word joy. It fits, you are joyly.

Katie said...

That was pretty. Did you recognize a lot of the places from actually being in Palmyra? It would be fun to go there someday, but I think Nauvoo is first on our list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...