Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fabulous Friday's Forever Family Featuring...

that special little boy who made me a Grandma, Spencer!!



Dear Spencer,

I loved you before you even came to our family. I remember when you were first born. I was so happy to be a Grandma!! I watched outside the nursery window while your Daddy gave you a bath. You looked perfect with your ten little fingers and ten little toes. I had such a great feeling of love for you. Somehow though, I had a feeling that all was not well. I just thought it was my brain doing funny things. I never could have imagined all the things you would have to go through. What a shock later in the day when your Grandpa told me that your little esophagus wasn't attached to your stomach. What a miracle that the nursing staff noticed something not quite right and didn't feed you anything. You were airlifted away later that night. The next time I saw you, you were in the same NICU that Evan spent his first 17 days of life. What mixed emotions!! I was grateful you were in a place that could help you, but sad for all the pain you had to endure.


It was wonderful when you finally got to come home and I could actually hold you, my first born grandchild. That first year was kind of rough, not a good year for our family at all. I remember at one point both you and Evan were in different hospitals hundreds of miles away from each other. But look at how we have survived. Look at how you have survived!! You are amazing! You are smart and funny and I love your silliness. I love your hugs! I love how you are always happy to see me!! Awe, and I get to see you later today!! We can have a few days together. Nothing could be more wonderful!! I'm so happy you are coming for Easter. I'm so happy you have made the choice to get baptized this Easter Sunday. What a special day that will be. You have chosen to follow our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He can be a strength in your life. Spencer, I love being your Grandma.
Love,
Grandma



Spencer aka Harry Potter



I love this picture of you in the tree.


What a handsome boy!!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Spencer is a beautiful boy , and was a tall newborn! with so many hair!
Again, let's thank progress in medicine that enable him to surpass his illness.I guess your fear and his parents'. Nothing is more alarming than this situation : having a child sick and not be able to help him. We can find a solution to whatever problem but faced with illness, we, as parents are lost. Then this feeling of powerlessness seize us. It's an awful awereness.
When we will attend Mass on Sunday, I will think of you and Spencer's Batism. We aren't members of the same "Church", but there're many ways to find God
Good Easter Feast.

SuperCoolMom said...

What a sweet post for your darling grandson!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! That is so neat that you are getting baptized on Sunday! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you all!

Aprilyn said...

Handsome Spencer! You're much bigger than the last time I saw you. My son Nate still remembers playing frisbee with you in the park. We should do that again. You can teach him more sign language. Both my boys love to learn Sign Language. I hope you have a nice visit with your Grandparents. I know they love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...