Sunday, May 4, 2008

52 Blessing Project - Week Eighteen

Mable King in a wonderful blessing in the life of my daughter.

This week I'm especially grateful for this sweet little "Sister" in my daughter April's ward (LDS congregation). On Saturday for the first time in her 78 years she hosted a baby shower! I was so glad I was invited and able to attend. It just touched my heart to see all these wonderful "sisters" in their wisdom years pamper my daughter. It's hard when your children live far away and you can't always be there to help out. Just knowing these wonderful women love my daughter and reached out to her and her baby is very heartwarming. Hopefully I can do the same to others.



Mable is in the pink pants. I don't remember the name of the other women.

This is a beautiful quilt a sweet sister made and you can see another one on the port-a-crib, which was also a gift.



Here are some more of the women that attended the shower. Some of the them are great grandmas!!



This Winnie the Pooh is one the sweetest baby toys, I've seen. Winnie is holding Piglet who is holding a bumble bee. When you press on the pillow it lights up and Winnie and Piglet say goodnight to each and then soft music plays. I'm sure it will lure my little grandson to sleep.


6 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

I am so grateful for the church and the sweet friendships that we have and develop through Relief Society!

Laurel said...

Relief Society is the best! I remember when dear sweet visiting teachers did the same for me when I had Elizabeth. It is so sweet, treasure the "older sisters" friendship, wisdom and love.

Emy5 said...

I am touched by this blessing of seeing women of different generations coming together for the birth of a baby. Wonderful!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Having extra Grandmas is a wonderful blessing that we can have with Relief Society! A benefit for everyone!

Jenifer said...

How great! I love that no matter where we live, we always have a family in the church. What a beautiful part of the gospel.

Aprilyn said...

I tagged you Cindy! Check out my blog for instructions. Don't worry though...it's a really easy one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...