Sunday, August 3, 2008

52 Blessing Project Week Thirty-One

Service





I'm so grateful that I can serve as a World Wide Support Missionary with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saint's Family History Department. This is the best mission. It's at home and part-time and I work with wonderful people!! It's been six months now and I have learned so much already. Of course I still have much to learn, but I'm gaining more confidence all the time! We support the Family History products that the LDS church produces. This includes Personal Ancestral File, Family Search Internet, New FamilySearch. We also give some support to Family History Centers with some the programs they use to help patrons.

This truly is a worldwide calling. I have received e-mails or phone calls from the following countries, New Zealand, Australia, Wales, England, Netherlands, Sweden and Germany. My favorite patrons are the wonderful octogenarians who need help to use New FamilySearch as they reach out to their ancestors. I'm amazed at how well they are able to use a computer! It is just a wonderful feeling to help someone with a challenge. Sometimes, I just want to shout for joy!

Also, as I serve I remember that I'm representing the Church and thus the Savior, Jesus Christ. That can be at times an overwhelming feeling. So I'm working to align my life more with the Savior's teachings. It is indeed a blessing to be an instrument in His hands to reach out to His children both living and deceased. I have been indeed blessed!!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a choice opportunity. I am proud of you! I hope I can do something like this when ever I get the chance to retire...however, continue to work in the temple is tops on my list of things to do after retirement.

SuperCoolMom said...

What a wonderful calling! It's hard to say who will be blessed most by your service -- you, your family, or the people you serve!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Awesome blessing! Family history can be so interesting.

Katie said...

It has already been six months? That is amazing! I am glad you are having so much fun with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...