Sunday, July 20, 2008

52 BLESSING PROJECT - Week Twenty-Nine

For past two months I have been walking faithfully, a couple of miles, 5 to 7 times a week. I'm so grateful that I can

EXERCISE!!

It is wonderful to see the numbers on the scale go down!! I feel so much better about myself. The other really remarkable thing is that my blood sugar is much improved. You see I have type 2 diabetes and things were getting a little out of control. My fasting blood sugar was in the high 140's. Now that I'm walking more my fasting blood sugar is in the 110's or lower. I like that number much better. The doctor had me start on medication to control the diabetes, but I didn't like that, it made my heart do funny things and I stopped taking it. So, I'm very happy to control it by just exercising! Of course I have to watch what I eat too!! It amazes me how wonderful are bodies are and when we do the right things for our bodies, our bodies take better care of us!!




3 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Great blessing Cindy! I'm having lots of trouble with my foot again so I haven't been able to exercise for about a month but I hope to get back into it soon. My mother-in-law has diabetes too and she walks every day. She is like you- if she watches what she eats and exercises, she doesn't need meds. I know someone else who is always hooked up to a pump. She has had Diabetes for YEARS and she's like my age.

Laurel said...

Good job Cindy...if it were not so humid here I would like to walk.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Way to go! I need to exercise,but I'm lazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...