Monday, July 7, 2008

What Is Wrong With Me??

Which would you choose??

Excitement


or serenity??

Well, Mike and I spent our anniversary weekend in Santa Cruz. We decided to go down and check out the Boardwalk and the Wharf. The wharf is interesting, on one side is the Boardwalk with all the amusement rides and on the other there are nice calm ocean waves. The amusement side drove me crazy. It was loud and crowded, filled with barely clothed, tatooed, loud, beer drinking people some who were headed off to jail!! I didn't like the feeling there at all. Why is that?? Is something wrong with me??

Anyway, we found a nice restaurant and eat our lunch overlooking the beautiful Monterey Bay, the calm side of the wharf. Mike notice a sign offering harbor cruises, that sounded like fun. The cruise was very nice except for a few loud, obnoxious beer drinking men. We saw cute little sea otters and sea lions. We saw lots of sail boats and two light houses. It was very calming to be out on the ocean, that is as long as we stayed away from the loud
obnoxious beer drinking men.

We tried walking the Boardwalk but it was just too much so we headed to Henry Cowell Redwood State Park. I loved the peaceful, serene feeling there. It's hard to take a picture of a redwood tree and do it justice. Just trust me if you have never seen one, there are massive and very magnificent!! Maybe this video will help you get a little perspective.








I chose serenity!! And I'm glad I did!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that!!

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

There is nothing wrong with you at all. I think it also has to do with where you are in your life as to what you would choose. I don't know what I would choose. I think it would be nice to just go out on a sailboat with just my own little family.

Catherine said...

With kids, maybe I would have felt compeled to choose amusement side. With my husband, I would have chosen the quiet side. Except for otters ans sea lions, the landscape could have been one from here,(same lighthouse, sea view...)
Oh and that tree! I've never seen one that big before, except in books.
Happy anniversary, Cindy!

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! IT sounds like it was a great trip minus the beer drinking men! :)

Laurel said...

Great choices. I would have chosen the calm serene side of things too. Especially far away from beer drinking men.

Katie said...

I would have chosen the calm side too. I wonder if the park you were at was where we had cross-country camp. It was in Santa Cruz somewhere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...