Sunday, September 28, 2008

FIFTY TWO BLESSING PROJECT - Week Thirty-Nine

Relief Society




Once a year the Relief Society, the organization for women of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has a very special meeting that is broadcast via satellite worldwide . The Relief Society is the largest organization of women in the world. We gather together in our local areas for a wonderful dinner, enjoying delicious food and fellowship with other women. Then we enter the chapel to view the Broadcast. When I walk in, my mind always drifts towards my daughters, daughters-in-law and other loved ones who live far away. I know they are sitting in their chapels watching the same broadcast. Somehow, that is a great comfort to me. I was so uplifted last night. The music was incredible! The talks inspiring and moving! I especially loved the talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He made me chuckled but also brought tears to my eyes. Some of the things he talked about that touched me were:

We can find the path to peace by feeling "God's happiness" despite whatever burdens beset us.

Creating and being compassionate can help us feel "God's happiness".

Everyone can create, it brings satisfaction. Start small, it can be a smile, a garden, write a letter of appreciation, family memories. Our creations don't have to be perfect. Don't let fear of failure discourage you.

Our spirit bodies are masterpieces, to feel a fullness of joy.

We improve not only world around us, but world within us.

Service and sacrifice open windows of heaven.

The number of prayers we pray is important but the numbers of prayers we answer may be of greater importance!


You can view the broadcast at http://byu.tv/. Click on LDS Church Broadcasts, then click Relief Society Broadcast.
Enjoy.
Relief Society is a great blessing in my life. I can't imagine my life without the great support I feel belonging to this wonderful organization.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I thought of you while I was watching it too!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

It was a great conference! I loved his talk too.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Great comments, Cindy. I wish every blogger could read just this post of your.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...