Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Will Remember


September 11, 2001 is one of the those days that people will always remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. I was getting ready for my day, and turned on the news and was shocked to see that a plane and flown into the Twin Towers, and then another one!! And then it just got worse, the other planes, the buildings falling. I still can not grasp how people could be so hateful that they would do something so evil.

I had just started a job as an instructional assistant for special education at an elementary school. So, it was off to work with a very sad heart. I thought the teacher I worked for handled things wonderfully as she tried to comfort the children and explain things as best she could. I loved how our country came together after that and was united. United against an enemy that we don't even understand. I want my country to be united again, but I don't want it to be because a tragedy happened.
I will always remember September 11, 2001.

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

What a beautiful thought. I wish we were united again. I remember how people came together as AMERICANS after that. We are not that way anymore and it's sad that we drifted apart so quickly.

Laurel said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes it was a horrific day. It was a very difficult day. I was already at work. Someone brought a TV to our area. It was difficult to stay focused. I just wanted to be home with my family. I agree America is not as united as we were then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...