Monday, November 10, 2008

MONDAY MEMORIES

The Hair Brush

When Rachel was a little girl she had beautiful long brown hair. Not, dark brown like most of us in the family, but a lovely golden brown. Rachel loved her long hair and I did too. One day, when brushing her hair the hair brush became entangled in her hair. I mean really and truly hopelessly entangled! We tried several different ways for quite some time to get that hair brush out of her hair to no avail. I was beginning to think I would have to use...ummm.... scissors. That would have been devastating because the brush was stuck rather high on her head.

Then we prayed. Just a simple prayer. "Heavenly Father, help us figure a way to get this hair brush out of Rachel's hair. She loves her long hair. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." In the next minute, I thought of a way to get the hair brush untangled just by taking a few strands of hair at a time and pulling gently upwards.

I know, without a doubt, that I would not have thought of that idea on my own. It was a testimony to me that Heavenly Father cares about even the little things that can happen. While getting an unwanted hair cut to release a stuck hair brush is not really big on the list of challenges people can face in life. It would have been hard for my little girl. And, Heavenly Father knew that. Remembering that helps to strengthen my testimony!!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Ahh yes, Rachel's and her hair was different than all the rest. Good job remembering to say a prayer and get the right answer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...