Saturday, December 20, 2008

Angels Abound!!

It's Christmas, a perfect time for angels. Yesterday, was very busy, but I was surrounded by angels!! I started my day helping with the Five Cities Christian Women Food Bank. One angel in particular is Emellie, (pronouced Amelia). Emellie is there every single day, sometimes twice a day, and she is in her 80's!! What an amazing women! She is totally dedicated to feeding the hungry in our area, serving in this capacity for over thirty five years!! Maybe, when I grow up I can be like her, an angel!!

Then I went and helped the Five Cities Christian Women wrap presents for the young ones in the families who are receiving food baskets for Christmas. I felt bad I could only help for a little under an hour, but most of the women dedicated a whole day helping. I love helping with this group, made up of women from different churches in my area. Most of the women are elderly and such an example of giving spirits. Truly they are angels.

The next Angels, literally have the name Angels. They are a group called Angels Bearing Gifts. I was able to meet the founder of this group that provides gifts at Christmas and for birthdays to people with Developmental Disabilities who live in group homes, but have no family members to provide presents. Evelyn Smith, who started this group in 2001, just by anonymously giving gifts to a few of those in need. This year she said there was over 200 people in two counties who were receiving gifts. She said she had no idea how her small act would turn into something so big in just a few years. We are excited to be able to help deliver gifts for this group on Christmas Eve.

Ambur was another angel I meet today. She provided a special act of kindness and service to bring joy to someone's life. Amberly is a one of the ladies who play on Evan's power soccer team. Ambur used to work in the day program with Amberly and it was part of her job to drive Amberly to practice. However, Amberly is no longer in that particular day program, but Ambur brought her anyway, just out of the goodness of her heart. She wanted to reach out and help make someones life better. That was impressive to me!! When I told the coach what Amber had done she was shocked but so touched.

And, last but not least, my angel husband. By the time Evan and I got home yesterday from gallivanting all around it was past 7 o'clock pm and I was so hungry!! I came home to a roaring fire in the fireplace, the dinner table set and dinner ready to be served!! Wow, I live with an angel, how cool is that??

I bet you have angels surrounding you too. Who are they??

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You are right. Your husband is an angel. A manly one! This was a great post and you are doing a great work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...