Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Family

It's September and I'm joining a celebration on FAMILY.  That is because this month marks 15 years since the unveiling of The Family: A Proclamation to the World . This beautiful Proclamation explains the purpose of family and how we can achieve happiness in families.

Like many others I have lived in two different families.  The one I grew up in and the one my husband and I lovingly created and raised together.  What a contrast!  One family striving to live the teachings of Jesus Christ the other just struggling along with life.  While the family my husband and I have raised  is by no means perfect, we have enjoyed much more happiness and stability than was found in the family I grew up in.

There was a major component missing for the most part in the family I grew up in.  It was from this statement from the Proclamation:

"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

Just think of all the problems in the world that would be solved if only families would live those principles.  I hope you will join me in celebrating families this month. God designed families and we need to keep them strong!

Please join in the celebration by clicking one of the "Celebrate Family" links on the sidebar. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Excellent! So glad we have these truths to live by and help us along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...