Friday, September 3, 2010

Unconditional Love

"Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children."  
Those words from:


typify my husband.  He has a great capacity for unconditional love.  When I was diagnosed with breast cancer over fourteen years ago my wonderful husband continue to love and cherish me. He accepted the change to my body, and thus that helped me to accept that change for myself.  That is a very difficult thing for a woman.

Mornings at our house come early.  Mike has to be to work at 6 am.  Our alarm clock rings at 4:30 AM.  We both get up.  Mike showers and I fix  breakfast and put together his lunch. After breakfast together he is off, and I have quiet time to myself.  People have asked me why I get up so early with him. They say, "he's a big boy, he can take care of himself".  I know he can.  But Mike works very hard long hours for our family at a very stressful job.  My little act of service for him is nothing compared to what he has given to our me and our family. 

These are examples of how we love and care for each other as husband and wife.  Showing forth that type of love brings much happiness into our family.  And that's the way it's suppose to be, just like Heavenly Father planned!!

Grandparenting together has been a delight.  I'm holding Aiden, and Mike has Kyle.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think it's so sweet for you to get up with him in the morning! And congratulations on making it through cancer together!
I am loving this family celebration and "meeting" all sorts of new people and hearing their amazing stories! Thank you for sharing with a stranger:)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

This is so very tender and sweet! Thank you! What an awesome story! I am learning so much from each of you!

Montserrat said...

My mother does this too! Or stays up late and eats dinner (or dessert) with my father after meetings. Congrats on beating the cancer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...