Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pets

My family growing up had very unusual pets. We had a sweet little dutch rabbit named Hoppy. 


Here is my brother Doug with Hoppy.
  Hoppy stay in the house and used a liter box, but always enjoyed a romp outside!  She was so soft and cuddly.  

We also had ducks.  First was a little domestic duckling named Yankee Doodle, I believe she was an Easter present.  She turned into a beautiful white duck who quacked and quacked.  Thus, the name Yankee Doodle I guess.  Then we were adopted by a mallard, who came out of nowhere.  We named that duck Uncle Sam.  So, we had Sammy and Yankee.  I have to say that ducks are very messy and probably not good pets.  But, we did enjoy them! 

This post was written for Slice of Life.  Please join us here and share a slice of your life.


1 comment:

Pirate Princess said...

LOL - my sister had GEESE. They were horrible pets!! We had ducks too but at least they would leave little legs alone! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...