Thursday, June 30, 2011


A couple of weeks ago Evan was invited to be one of the Special Olympics athletes to represent San Luis Obispo County in the Southern California division meet.  He went down on a charter bus with his team Friday night and stayed in the dorms at Cal State Long Beach. Mike and I took a little side visit to see our newest little grandson and the rest of his family first. 


Little Joshua.  What a precious baby!




Kyle with Mr. Potato Head.





Who knew Mr. Potato Head would be a cuddly toy??





Evan gearing up for the big race. 



Speedy Gonzales going down the track!  Who is that screaming manic lady???
Evan won two gold medals!!



After the races it was off to the Expo.  Evan enjoyed a safari.







And helping the FBI!!





It's always great to get a thumbs up from Good Ol' Smokey!!


Special Olympics was very inspiring.  I loved seeing all the Law Enforcement officials out supporting the athletes. I wish I had video of one of the races. As I watched the runners line up, I could see that one of them used forearm crutches.  I thought to myself, well, that's not very fair, how can he ever win.  You should have seen that guy run!  He won the race!!  The crowd went mad!!  The enthusiasm of these athletes is just amazing!

2 comments:

FranE said...

This was an awesome post that really tugged my heart strings. Wonderful! Congratulations Evan!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

congratulations to Evan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...