Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grandma was Right

It's that time of year, cold and flu season.  Cough, cough, hack, hack!!  It hit our house last week.  Both Evan and I had stuffy noses, coughs and Evan had a fever for a few days. I have decided that "Grandma" was right!  Chicken soup and rest is what is best for colds.  All those cold medicines just really don't work, in my humble opinion. 

Here are some of my favorite things when I am sick with a cold.  

Warm chicken soup is great, awe that nice warm broth is very soothing on a sore throat.  If it's homemade it's even better.  We had turkey soup last week and it was awesome.  




Hot herbal tea with honey!  Awe, especially at night before going to bed.




Good quality facial tissue is a must!  We had cheap store brand sandpaper facial tissues that are fine if you blow your nose once a day.  My poor nose needed something soft.  Thankfully, my wonderful husband went out specially to buy some name brand super soft tissues.  What a difference!!  



At night I also like Vicks Vapor rub.  It brings back memories of my mom. When I was little and we were sick she would use this.  Awe, you just breath deep and can feel those nasal passages opening up!

Oh, and lots of rest of course and it helps to get TLC from family.  


What do you like treat a cold??  I would love to know.


Disclaimer:  I do NOT own stock or have any vested financial interested in any of the above products.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...