Saturday, February 23, 2008

FIFTY TWO BLESSING PROJECT, Week Eight

I'm grateful for my peasant ancestors!

This week Lynne got me to pondering with this great post. She was wondering what her grandchildren would grow up to become. She asked the question, "What defines success?" And, whether we are a celebrity or a broom sweeper we are all children of Heavenly Father and He love us.

I like the simple things of life. Please don't give me anything that is gaudy or frilly. I don't want to be rich or win the lottery (my husband, however would like to give it a try, being rich that is, NOT playing the lottery). Just bring my family around me and I'm happy!! I don't want to be well known. I just want to do well the things I have been asked or required to do. I am who I am because of my wonderful ancestors. I believe they are a part of me. Many of my ancestors were poor peasant farmers. It's called "contadino" in Italian. How I love them!! They were humble, they knew that they had to rely on the Lord. Funny, but today in Stake Conference (twice a year meeting of many congregations together) they mentioned a study that shows that people that have many material things of the world are NOT as happy as those we don't!! That would be my ancestors! I'm sure they did not have much and it was hard to find even the necessities of life. I'm grateful for their faithfulness in living their Catholic religion to the best of their ability. I love my peasant heritage!!

6 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Great post Cindy! I'm with you there...I don't require a lot to make me happy. I just want to do what I'm supposed to do, the best I can.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Super post! I totally agree!

Heather S. said...

What a great post. Thanks for stirring my thoughts.

Pam said...

Me too. Great blessing.

Catherine said...

All is said. I totally agree with your wisdom. Simplicity is your wealth, but a great heart wealth. We can feel it.
catherine

Unknown said...

Great blessing! i love my ancestors. and i love hearing stories about them. before i was made pri pres i was attending the fam history class and loving it! it got me excited to learn more. and to do more fam history

wonderful post!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...