Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh, To Be Famous!!

Going anywhere locally with Evan is always fun!! You see, people know Evan!! He is like this little local celebrity. While in the grocery store recently an elderly gentleman stopped us. "Are you Evan??" Evan looks at me, not quite knowing what to say. If you know Evan you know the look. "Yes, I'm Evan", he says. Turns out the man has a granddaughter who had crush on Evan in elementary school!! Then he says, "and you were on TV once weren't you???" Yep, at least once!! And on the cover of a local news magazine and in the newspaper and...on and on!!

So, on the way out the store I ask Evan, "what's it like to be so famous?" "It's the best thing that ever happened to me!!!" Wow!! Who knew being famous could be so great!! I thought the best thing to happen to Evan was having a mom like me. But I guess being famous is better!!!

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

When Even is 85 and you are gone, THEN he will realize having a mom like you was the best thing that could ever happen. The older I get the more I realize that it's the Mom that shapes a child's life, shapes a young adult's opinions (even if they decide to have the opposite), shapes a grown up's way of looking at the world, their own kids and then, often when it's too late, they become interested in who Mom is a person and not just as a mom. I treasure the stories I have of Mom's life but realize there are great chunks of it I don't know anything about. I am who I am because of Mom and I'm sure the same is true of Evan.

Happy Valentine's Day

Laurel said...

Well I think that Evan is who he is because he does have a wonderful mom. What a esteem booster for people to stop and talk to him. I bet he had a smile from ear to ear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...