Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fifty-Two Blessing Project - Week Fourteen


This week I'm grateful for Living Prophets!!

I love General Conference and this week was especially wonderful with the Solemn Assembly to sustain President Thomas S. Monson as Prophet.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we believe that our President along with his two Counselors and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, to be living prophets. They are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. Twice a year Latter-Day Saints have the privilege of watching General Conference. Some travel to Salt Lake City to attend in person. Others watch a satellite broadcast in a church building. And still others can watch on cable or satellite television at home or on the Internet.

Last October one of the many talks that touched me was Elder Dallin H Oaks, "Good, Better, Best". It made we seriously look at how I spend my time. Was I spending my time doing the best things?? Not really. But, I make a commitment to change that and it feels great now to be in service to the Lord as a missionary helping others with family history.

My heart again has been touched as I listen to words of the Lords special servants this weekend. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk this morning about "Faith of Our Fathers". And as always it is wonderful to hear President Monson speak. I know these great men are indeed Prophets sent here to lead and guide us and I will strive to follow their counsel. What a wonderful blessing!



7 comments:

Katie said...

I thought of you too during Elder Uchtdorf's talk. I thought about how blessed I was to have parents who were pioneers for their children. It was a really special conference.

Pam said...

I totally agree. It was amazing to sustain a new prophet and to feel the spirit of that meeting.

Aprilyn said...

I wish I could say that I heard every word. Unfortunately, I'm Nathan and Marshall's Mom so I hear squat. That's OK. I can download it to my MP3 player and listen to it when Marshall goes to school! We are truly blessed to have a living prophet on earth today!!

SuperCoolMom said...

It was a wonderful conference! Sustaining the Prophet and Church Leaders during the Solemn Assembly was so touching and such a humbling experience. That had to be my favorite part of this conference.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Conference was wonderful! Having a living prophet is such a great blessing! :)

Aprilyn said...

I don't remember ever being a part of a solemn assembly before. Am I just forgetful?

raising4boys said...

Great blessing!! That is the first I've seen that picture of the new presidency. Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...