Sunday, May 11, 2008

52 BLESSING PROJECT Week Three - Week Nineteen


Womenhood

Heavenly Father has given us the wonderful blessing of womenhood.
I found a wonderful talk by, Margaret D. Nadauld, former Young Women President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Here is a quote from that talk that touched me.

"You can recognize women who are grateful to be a daughter of God by their attitude. They know that the errand of angels is given to women, and they desire to be on God’s errand to love His children and minister to them, to teach them the doctrines of salvation, to call them to repentance, to save them in perilous circumstances, to guide them in the performance of His work, to deliver His messages. They understand that they can bless their Father’s children in their homes and neighborhoods and beyond. Women who are grateful to be daughters of God bring glory to His name."

I'm grateful for the wonderful women who have influenced my life. This includes my own wonderful mother, mother-in-law, my daughters, friends, teachers and others. They have helped show wonderful examples that have sculpted me to who I am today. I'm grateful to be a women and a daughter of God.

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

It's not until recently that I have realized how much influence other women have had on my life. I'm so lucky!

Catherine said...

I'm sure you participated to "sculted" these women too with your wisdom, Cindy.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Great blessing! Love the quote.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Great post, Cindy. I am grateful to have you in my life through your blog. Your goodness shines through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...