Saturday, September 20, 2008

52 BLESSING PROJECT Week Thirty-Eight



CHILDREN'S VOICES SINGING


Today was our Primary* Sacrament Presentation. How I love to hear the children's voices singing songs of the Gospel. This year they learned a new song, entitled "If the Savior Stood Beside Me".

If the Savior Stood Beside Me

If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of his commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow his example?
Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if he were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

He is always near me, though I do not see him there
And because he loves me dearly, I am in his watchful care
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.

by Sally Deford



What a beautiful song, with beautiful words for all of us to remember. I love learning from the children!!

To read more about how this song come about click here.


*Primary is the children's organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They meet on Sunday for gospel instruction, and during the week for other wholesome activities.

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I've loved that song for several years now (ok so about 5 yrs but who's counting?). Nathan sang it in Sacrament Meeting a long time ago. We have our Primary Program next week. Cross your fingers for Marshall!! Nathan will do just fine. Marshall, on the other hand, is the one I worry about.

Liz said...

IT is such a beautiful song isn't it? Lovely message in those words. Our ward choir sings many of the songs Sally Deford has written. She's very talented!

Catherine said...

It suits for olders too.
Do you teach Gospel to young children ?

Cindy Price said...

Thanks for asking Catherine. I taught in Primary for many, many, years and it is one of my favorite things to do in my Church. However, right now, I'm teaching an adult Sunday School class. I enjoy that very much too!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Until this year, I'd never heard that song. I love it!
Great blessing. We have not had ours yet, but I do always love the primary program.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...