Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Newest Find

This is my mother's passport when she came to America.

The passport is hard covered.



Of course being from Canada, it's in French and English.



Funny the picture in the passport is sideways!!






Luckily, I know how to flip it.  That is really her signature.






The markings on the bottom of the page on the right I found interesting.  The passport was issued in 1948 and there are notations from 1978.  They apparently have something to do with her Permanent Resident Status.  I'm not sure what was happening in 1978 or why a  change was made, or why it was necessary to make notations in a passport form 1948.  The paperwork has been sent in and I'm waiting to receive her immigration papers.  They should be very interesting.  I need to be patient though, I have heard it can take several months. 

2 comments:

Sariah Price said...

Wow, Mom, that's so cool! I can't wait to see what might be on her immigration papers. I just love old documents. Thanks for sharing :)

Laurel said...

Really cool find.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...